How Can We Stop This?
Our best chance of success is to get the central area of Totnes taken out of the Joint Plan by February 2017. After that it will get much more difficult.
Write to Councillors
Let’s deluge the council with complaints. Make your email or letter to the councillors as personal as possible. They won’t pay attention if it looks like people are sending a template letter. If you’d like some inspiration, we’ve included a list of objections for you to refer to - click here
The councillors who are driving this plan are M J Hicks and R J Tucker.
Councillors opposing it are R J Vint and J M Hodgson. Please cc them in your email.
It would also be very helpful if you cc your complaint to reporters on local and national papers – let’s spread the word.
Please email Councillors:
or write to them at:
South Hams District Council
Devon TQ9 5NE
Write to our MP
Dr. Sarah Wollaston MP
Devon TQ9 5HW
We are raising money for legal costs. All donations gratefully received.
Make a donation - click here
Come to our meetings
Come to our weekly campaign meetings, held at 6.30pm every Wednesday in the Assembly Room, 7 Stars Hotel, The Plains, Totnes TQ9 5DD
Sign the petition
The petition already has an astonishing 4,000 signatures on it, but the council is ignoring it. Let’s add thousands more and make them listen.
Sign the petition - click here
Suggest alternatives to T3
We can tell the council that we as a community should help them find a solution. We are looking at alternative sites and alternative approaches to T3.
- The Town Council and the Chamber of Commerce taking over the lease for the area
- Allowing the Neighbourhood Plan to take over planning the T3 area
- Totally protecting the T3 area and instead developing Follaton car park or the industrial estate with container homes, tiny homes or self-build flat packs, etc. Follaton car park, which is often empty, could take at least 20 houses and the type of multi-storey car park that the council have proposed for central Totnes.
Please send in your ideas - click here
We need people to post leaflets, put up posters, man stalls and get signatures. If you have any specialist skills or pertinent areas of knowledge, please let us know.
Volunteer - click here
Other ways to get involved
- Come to council meetings and ask questions
- Spread the word around the South Hams and beyond. Kingsbridge, Dartmouth and Salcombe have been targeted, too.
- Ask your friends if they know anyone who could help
- Use the market – talk to the market traders
- Get anecdotes, stories, pictures for the website or a competition
- Ask local schools to get involved by getting the kids to make posters
- Contact us if you have any ideas.